Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another Hacker? But Who Is It?

*Disclaimer* Alright guys. Be prepared for what may be my longest blog yet. As of the date this is posted, this is a developing story. Also, if you cannot tolerate reading something that can be the length of a newspaper article, do not read this. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Okay down to the main business. This whole situation started about a week ago. A friend of youtube user jakers5853, or Jake, posted a video saying that he'll close his account. The username of that account was xithma. xithma recently gained 400 subscribers and he wanted to go out with a bang (according to me). He gave out really good reasons as to why he wanted to close his account and I supported him 100% of the way. But the next day, the bang he got wasn't the bang he intended.

The very next day, xithma got hacked. This forced xithma to have to use an alternate account. at first I didn't really want to get involved with this hacker, mainly because of past experiences (which you can read about in an earlier post), but the hacker stoked the fire when he threatened to hack someone who I recently have grown onto as a friend. He was Youtube user MeanGreenLuigi. He chose MeanGreenLuigi as a victim because of the comments he made on xithma's channel after the account was hacked. The hacker kept his promise and MeanGreenLuigi became another victim of this cyber criminal. Since he became a friend of mine, I knew that I had to take action.

I started to look for other accounts that have recently been hacked. That's when I found TheLightningStache. Now here's a brief history lesson. TheLightningStache was the hub account of a machinima group called Lightning Stache. It seemed like the account was hacked because TheLightningStache posted a comment on xithma's channel that said "Hacked by WarCorpse666". At first I didn't care as I didn't see how this was related to the current situation. But then the hacker I was dealing with posted this comment on TheLightningStache's channel. This comment said "WATCHA TALKING 'BOUT WILLIS I R U!!!!!!!" To me, this implied that whoever hacked xithma and MeanGreenLuigi hacked TheLightningStache as well and that the hacker was WarCorpse666.

That soon changed however when I saw comments on the hacker's most recent videos on the hacked accounts. Whoever watched them posted that Youtube user MamaLuigi4Brawl was the hacker. I believed them at first until MamaLuigi4Brawl made a video that convinced me otherwise. In that video, he said that he has no reason to hack xithma and MeanGreenLuigi. That soon led me back to believing that WarCorpse666 was the hacker.

Around the same time that MamaLuigi4Brawl was accused of being the hacker, the real hacker threatened to hack Youtube user LordPenguin777 if one of his recent videos on xithma's account didn't get 1000 comments in over a week. Knowing that his account was in danger, LordPenguin777 fake-hacked his account in hopes that it would keep the hacker away from him. Sadly, it didn't work and the account got hacked anyways. What pisses me off about this though is that it wasn't past a week yet but LordPenguin777 was still hacked. That's what I call a backstabber.

A few days later, xithma's account got suspended. Not his alt, but the hacked account. It turns out that people were flagging the videos the hacker posted on xithma's account, which led the account to receive enough strikes to get suspended. xithma was really pissed off about that and I think he still is. Other than that unfortunate accident, things turned for the better. MeanGreenLuigi recovered his account a few days later. But at the same time, I was asked to stop confronting the hacker. I was given a message from an anti hacker group on Youtube that they wanted me to stop confronting the hacker because they saw my methods of confronting the hacker as brash. Looking back at what was going on, I realized that they were right. I was confronting the hacker in ways that I shouldn't really have and it may have led my account and this blog into a really bad position. So I decided to stop confronting the hacker, but investigate him instead so that I wouldn't put myself into any real danger.

And now we move to today. LordPenguin777 is still hacked , which is a bummer. But that isn't the highlight. Today I found out that TheLightningStache was never really hacked. It turns out that three members of Lightning Stache, SuperSmashShows AKA PalerLaze, SmashtasmPakkery, and Smashogun only made it look like the account was hacked as a practical joke. This brought up good news and bad news. The good news was that the account was safe the whole time. The bad news was that this removed WarCorpse666 as a suspect. So if he wasn't the hacker, then who is? I still have that question running through my head as this situation goes on.

As long as that hacker is out there, I don't think anyone is safe. Everyone who commented on the videos the hacker uploaded have put themselves in danger. Everyone who posted comments on those hacked channels are in danger. Everyone who made videos regarding this situation are in danger. That sadly puts me in a triple threat because I did all three. But I do know a way out of it. You have to email Youtube at security@youtube.com about your situation and let them do the work. I certainly learned my lesson from this fiasco and I wish that this whole thing can end. But as of right now, I don't see any end in sight. This hacker has to be stopped, but now that you know how to report this hacker, I believe that my job involving this situation is done. I leave it to you, the Youtube users, to finish this fight. And if you encounter a hacker, I beg of you, do not make the same mistakes I made.

If you want me to talk about something that pisses you off, leave a comment on either this blog or on my Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/Pianodeity08 You can also email me at pianodeity08@yahoo.com. Thank you for your time and I'll see you in another blog.\

*Update* July 26, 2010 It may be possible that TheLightningStache was actually hacked by WarCorpse666. When I first made this blog post, it was after a video was posted by TheLightningStache saying that the account was never hacked and was all a joke. But if you look at the tags of the video, there is a message. The message says "Just kidding. This channel is still hacked by Warcorpse666." I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but just in case, I don't want to get too involved with this again. Besides, I have a bigger fish to deal with at the moment. Speaking of this bigger fish, I'll be making another blog post once the current situation I'm dealing with is done

No comments:

Post a Comment